• To understand the changing business environment and the fundamental premise underlying
market driven strategies.
• To identify the indicators of management thoughts and practices.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION
Defining Marketing − Core concepts in Marketing – Evolution of Marketing − Marketing Planning Process − Scanning Business environment: Internal and External − Value chain − Core Competencies – PESTEL − SWOT Analysis − Marketing interface with other functional areas – Production, Finance, Human Relations Management, Information System − Marketing in global environment – International Marketing − Rural Marketing − Prospects and Challenges.
UNIT II MARKETING STRATEGY
Marketing strategy formulations – Key Drivers of Marketing Strategies – Strategies for Industrial Marketing – Consumer Marketing − Services marketing – Competition Analysis − Analysis of consumer and industrial markets − Influence of Economic and Behavioral Factors − Strategic Marketing Mix components.
UNIT III MARKETING MIX DECISIONS
Product planning and development – Product life cycle – New product Development and Management Defining Market Segmentation – Targeting and Positioning − Brand Positioning and Differentiation – Channel Management – Managing Integrated Marketing Channels − Managing Retailing, Wholesaling and Logistics − Advertising and Sales Promotions – Pricing Objectives, Policies and Methods
UNIT IV BUYER BEHAVIOUR
Understanding Industrial and Consumer Buyer Behavior − Influencing factors – Buyer Behaviour Models – Online buyer behaviour − Building and measuring customer satisfaction – Customer relationships management – Customer acquisition, Retaining, Defection − Creating Long Term Loyalty Relationships.
UNIT V MARKETING RESEARCH & TRENDS IN MARKETING
Marketing Information System – Marketing Research Process – Concepts and applications: Product Advertising – Promotion – Consumer Behaviour – Retail research – Customer driven organizations – Cause related marketing − Ethics in marketing – Online marketing trends – social media and digital marketing
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
• Applied knowledge of contemporary marketing theories to the demands of business and
• Enhanced knowledge of marketing strategies for consumer and industrial marketing
• Deep understanding of choice of marketing mix elements and managing integrated marketing channels
• Ability to analyze the nature of consumer buying behaviour
• Understanding of the marketing research and new trends in the arena of marketing
1. Philip T. Kotler and Kevin Lane Keller, Marketing Management, Prentice Hall India, 15th Edition, 2017.
2. KS Chandrasekar, “Marketing management-Text and Cases”, Tata McGraw Hill Education, 2012
3. Lamb, Hair, Sharma, Mc Daniel– Marketing – An Innovative approach to learning and teaching-
A south Asian perspective, Cengage Learning, 2012.
4. Paul Baines, Chris Fill, Kelly Page, Marketing, Asian edition, Oxford University Press,5 th edition, 2019.
5. Ramasamy, V.S, Namakumari, S, Marketing Management: Global Perspective Indian Context, Macmillan Education, New Delhi, 6 th edition, 2018.
6. A. NAG, Marketing successfully- A Professional Perspective, Macmillan 2008.
7. Micheal R.Czinkota, Masaaki Kotabe, Marketing Management, Vikas Thomson Learning, 2nd edition 2006.
8. Philip Kotler , Gay Armstrong, Prafulla Agnihotri, Principles of marketing, 7 th edition, 2018.