• Developing an understanding of ideas and nuances of modern marketing.
• Describe the process to formulate and manage the B2B marketing strategy including all key components.
• Explain the techniques to conduct market analysis practices including market segmentation and targeting.
• Compare and contrast different perspectives that characterize the study of consumer behavior.
• Explain the role of IMC in the overall marketing program.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION
Marketing – Definitions – Conceptual frame work – Marketing environment : Internal and External – Marketing interface with other functional areas – Production, Finance, Human Relations Management, Information System. Marketing in global environment – Prospects and Challenges.
UNIT II MARKETING STRATEGY
Marketing strategy formulations – Key Drivers of Marketing Strategies – Strategies for Industrial Marketing – Consumer Marketing –– Services marketing – Competitor analysis – Analysis of consumer and industrial markets – Strategic Marketing Mix components.
UNIT III MARKETING MIX DECISIONS
Product planning and development – Product life cycle – New product Development and Management – Market Segmentation – Targeting and Positioning – Channel Management – Advertising and sales promotions – Pricing Objectives, Policies and methods.
UNIT IV BUYER BEHAVIOUR
Understanding industrial and individual buyer behavior – Influencing factors – Buyer Behaviour Models – Online buyer behaviour – Building and measuring customer satisfaction – Customer relationships management – Customer acquisition, Retaining, Defection.
UNIT V MARKETING RESEARCH & TRENDS IN MARKETING
Marketing Information System – Research Process – Concepts and applications : Product –Advertising – Promotion – Consumer Behaviour – Retail research – Customer driven organizations – Cause related marketing – Ethics in marketing –Online marketing trends.
TOTAL: 60 PERIODS
• knowledge of analytical skills in solving marketing related problems.
• Awareness of marketing management process.