• To provide understanding of the framework.
• To illustrate current practices in industries.
• To provide knowledge on certain tools & techniques
UNIT I INTRODUCTION TO PURCHASING AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
The Purchasing Process. Purchasing Policies and Procedures. Supply Management Integration for Competitive Advantage, Purchasing and Supply Management Organization.
UNIT II STRATEGIC SOURCING
Supply Management and Commodity Strategy Development, Supplier Evaluation and Selection Supplier Quality Management Supplier Management and Development, Creating a World-Class Supply Base, Worldwide Sourcing.
UNIT III STRATEGIC SOURCING PROCESS
Strategic Cost Management, Purchasing and Supply Chain Analysis: Tools and Techniques, Negotiation and Conflict Management Contract Management Purchasing Law and Ethics.
UNIT IV SUPPLIER PERFORMANCE AND QUALITY MANAGEMENT
Performance Measurement and Evaluation: Strategies, tools and techniques for measuring and managing supplier performance, Supplier performance evaluation, Purchasing services, Supply Chai Information Systems and Electronic Sourcing.
UNIT V FUTURE DIRECTIONS
Purchasing and Supply Strategy Trends Green Buying, Sustainability, material research, Lean supply Chain Management
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
• To Understand basic functions and nuances.
• To Understand the holistic dimensions of SCM & corporate perspectives.
• Learn to acquire skills to become a sourcing professional.