• To gain insights into the selling and distribution process.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION
Sales management – nature and scope. Sales management positions. Personal Selling – Scope, theories and strategies. Sales forecasting and budgeting decisions. Online selling – scope, potential, Merits and Demerits.
UNIT II PERSONAL SELLING PROCESS, SALES TERRITORIES & QUOTAS
Selling process and relationship selling. Designing Sales Territories and quotas. Sales organisation structures.
UNIT III MANAGING THE SALES FORCE
Sales force – recruitment, selection, training, motivating, compensation and control.
UNIT IV MANAGING DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS
Distribution Management – Introduction, need and scope. Channels -Strategies and levels, retailing and wholesaling. Designing channel systems and channel management.
UNIT V BASICS OF LOGISTICS AND SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Logistics – Scope, definition and components. Managing FG Inventory & warehousing. Transportation – Scope, Modes and role in Supply Chain effectiveness. Use of Information Technology in Online Selling and Goods tracking.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
The student get to learn about
• The basics of sales management, theories and strategies
• The process of personal and relationship selling
• Managing sales force
• Managing distribution channels
• Inventory and supply chain.
1. Krishna K. Havaldar, Vasant M. Cavale, Sales and Distribution Management – Text and Cases, Third Edition, McGraw Hill Education, 2017
2. Gupta S.L., Sales and Distribution Management – Text and Cases – An Indian Perspective, Excel Books, 2008
3. Pingali Venugopal, Sales and Distribution Management – An Indian Perspective, Response Books from Sage Publications, 2008.