• To understand the multinational dimensions in management of a MNC company and the business operations in more than one country.
UNIT I AN OVERVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Definition and drivers of International Business- Changing Environment of International Business- Country attractiveness- Trends in Globalization- Effect and Benefit of Globalization-International Institution: UNCTAD Basic Principles and Major Achievements, Role of IMF, Features of IBRD, Role and Advantage of WTO.
UNIT II THEORIES OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE AND INVESTMENT
Theories of International Trade: Mercantilism, Absolute Advantage Theory, Comparative Cost Theory, Hecksher-Ohlin Theory-Theories of Foreign Direct Investment : Product Life Cycle, Eclectic, Market Power, Internationalisation-Instruments of Trade Policy : Voluntary Export Restraints, Administrative Policy, Anti-dumping Policy, Balance of Payment.
UNIT III GLOBAL ENTRY
Strategic compulsions-– Strategic options – Global portfolio management- Global entry strategy, different forms of international business, advantages – Organizational issues of international business – Organizational structures – Controlling of international business, approaches to control – Performance of global business, performance evaluation system.
UNIT IV PRODUCTION, MARKETING, FINANCIALS OF GLOBAL BUSINESS
Global production: Location, scale of operations- cost of production- Standardization Vs Differentiation- Make or Buy decisions- global supply chain issues- Quality considerations. Globalization of markets: Marketing strategy- Challenges in product development- pricing- production and channel management. Foreign Exchange Determination Systems: Basic Concepts-types of Exchange Rate Regimes- Factors Affecting Exchange Rates.
UNIT V HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS
Selection of expatriate managers- Managing across cultures -Training and development- Compensation- Disadvantages of international business – Conflict in international business- Sources and types of conflict – Conflict resolutions – Negotiation –Ethical issues in international business – Ethical decision-making.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
• In Depth knowledge of driving factors of international Business
•Understanding of theories of trade and investment practiced in the global world
•Deep Insights in to various market entry strategies followed by Global Organizations
•Ability to identify the various global production and supply chain issues and have an understanding of foreign exchange determination system
• Enhance the cognitive knowledge of managing business across the cultures
1. Charles W.I. Hill and Arun Kumar Jain, International Business, 6th edition, Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2010.
2. Michael R. Czinkota, Ilkka A. Ronkainen and Michael H. Moffet, International Business, 7th Edition, Cengage Learning, New Delhi, 2010.
3. K. Aswathappa, International Business, 5th Edition, Tata Mc Graw Hill, New Delhi, 2012.
4. John D. Daniels and Lee H. Radebaugh, International Business, Pearson Education Asia, New Delhi,12 th edition.
5. Vyuptakesh Sharan, International Business, 3rd Edition, Pearson Education in South Asia, New Delhi, 2011.
6. Rakesh Mohan Joshi, International Business, Oxford University Press, New Delhi, 2009.