• To provide knowledge about management issues related to staffing, training, performance, compensation, human factors consideration and compliance with human resource requirements.
UNIT I PERSPECTIVES IN HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT
Evolution of human resource management – The importance of the human capital – Role of human resource manager –Challenges for human resource managers – trends in Human resource policies – Computer applications in human resource management – Human resource accounting and audit.
UNIT II HUMAN RESOURCE PLANNING AND RECRUITMENT
Importance of Human Resource Planning – Forecasting human resource requirement –matching supply and demand – Internal and External sources- Organizational Attraction-. Recruitment, Selection, Induction and Socialization- Theories, Methods and Process.
UNIT III TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Types of training methods –purpose- benefits- resistance. Executive development programme – Common practices – Benefits – Self development – Knowledge management.
UNIT IV EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT
Compensation plan – Reward – Motivation – Application of theories of motivation – Career management – Mentoring – Development of mentor – Protégé relationships- Job Satisfaction, Employee Engagement, Organizational Citizenship Behavior: Theories, Models.
UNIT V PERFORMANCE EVALUATION AND CONTROL
Method of performance evaluation – Feedback – Industry practices. Promotion, Demotion, Transfer and Separation – Implication of job change. The control process – Importance – Methods – Requirement of effective control systems grievances – Causes – Implications – Redressal methods.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
• Students would have gained knowledge on the various aspects of HRM
• Students will gain knowledge needed for success as a human resources professional.
• Students will develop the skills needed for a successful HR manager
• Students would be prepared to implement the concepts learned in the workplace.
• Students would be aware of the emerging concepts in the field of HRM
1. Gary Dessler and Biju Varkkey, Human Resource Management, 14th Edition, Pearson Education Limited, 2015.
2. David A. Decenzo, Stephen.P.Robbins, and Susan L. Verhulst, Human Resource Management, Wiley, International Student Edition, 11th Edition, 2014.
3. Luis R.Gomez-Mejia, David B.Balkin, Robert L Cardy. Managing Human Resource. PHI Learning. 2012
4. Bernadin , Human Resource Management ,Tata Mcgraw Hill ,8th edition 2012.
5. Wayne Cascio, Managing Human Resource, McGraw Hill, 2015.
6. Ivancevich, Human Resource Management, McGraw Hill 2012.
7. Uday Kumar Haldar, Juthika Sarkar. Human Resource management. Oxford. 2012