• The primary objective of this module is to examine and explore the role and importance of digital marketing in today’s rapidly changing business environment.
• It also focusses on how digital marketing can be utilised by organisations and how its effectiveness can measured.
Online Market space- Digital Marketing Strategy- Components -Opportunities for building Brand- Website – Planning and Creation- Content Marketing.
Search Engine optimisation – Keyword Strategy- SEO Strategy – SEO success factors -On-Page Techniques – Off-Page Techniques. Search Engine Marketing- How Search Engine works- SEM components- PPC advertising -Display Advertisement
E- Mail Marketing – Types of E- Mail Marketing – Email Automation – Lead Generation – Integrating Email with Social Media and Mobile- Measuring and maximising email campaign effectiveness. Mobile Marketing- Mobile Inventory/channels- Location based; Context based; Coupons and offers, Mobile Apps, Mobile Commerce, SMS Campaigns-Profiling and targeting.
Social Media Marketing – Social Media Channels- Leveraging Social media for brand conversations and buzz.Successful /benchmark Social media campaigns. Engagement Marketing- Building Customer relationships – Creating Loyalty drivers – Influencer Marketing.
Digital Transformation & Channel Attribution- Analytics- Ad-words, Email, Mobile, Social Media, Web Analytics – Changing your strategy based on analysis- Recent trends in Digital marketing.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
• To examine and explore the role and importance of digital marketing in today’s rapidly changing business environment.
• To focusses on how digital marketing can be utilised by organisations and how its effectiveness can measured.
• To know the key elements of a digital marketing strategy
• To study how the effectiveness of a digital marketing campaign can be measured
• To demonstrate advanced practical skills in common digital marketing tools such as SEO, SEM, Social media and Blogs.
1. Fundamentals of Digital Marketing by Puneet Singh Bhatia;Publisher: Pearson Education; First edition ( July 2017);ISBN-10: 933258737X;ISBN-13: 978-9332587373.
2. Digital Marketing by Vandana Ahuja ;Publisher: Oxford University Press ( April 2015)
3. ISBN-10: 0199455449;ISBN-13: 978-0199455447
4. Marketing 4.0: Moving from Traditional to Digital by Philip Kotler;Publisher: Wiley; 1st edition ( April 2017); ISBN10: 9788126566938;ISBN13: 9788126566938;ASIN: 8126566930
5. Ryan, D. (2014 ). Understanding Digital Marketing: Marketing Strategies for Engaging the Digital Generation, Kogan Page Limited.
6. Pulizzi,J Beginner’s Guide to Digital Marketing , Mcgraw Hill Education.
7. Barker, Barker, Bormann and Neher(2017), Social Media Marketing: A Strategic Approach, 2E South-Western ,Cengage Learning.