• To study and understand the consumer’ behavior in-order to effectively utilise the market’ potential
UNIT I INTRODUCTION
Understanding Consumer behaviour – Consumption, Consumer orientation, Interpretive and Quantitative approaches – Effects of Technology, Demographics and Economy on Consumer behaviour.
UNIT II INTERNAL INFLUENCES
Influences on consumer behavior – motivation – perception – Attitudes and Beliefs – Learning and Experience – Personality & Self Image.
UNIT III INTERNAL INFLUENCES
Socio-Cultural, Cross Culture – Family group – Reference group – Communication – Influences on Consumer behavior
UNIT IV CONSUMER BEHAVIOR MODELS
Traditional and Contemporary Consumer behaviour model for Individual and industrial buying behaviour and decision making.
UNIT V PURCHASE DECISION PROCESS
Consumer decision making process – Steps, Levels and decision rules – Evolving Indian consumers – Opinion Leadership – Diffusion and Adoption.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
The student understands
• Consumer orientation and consumption
• Intrinsic influences
• Effects of external influences
• Models of consumer and industrial buying
• The decision making process
1. RamanujMajumdar, Consumer Behaviour – Insights from Indian Market, PHI, 2010.
2. Leon G.Schiffman and Leslie LasarKanuk, Consumer Behavior, Pearson Education, India, ninth edition, 2010.
3. Barry J.B., Eric G.H., Ashutosh M., Consumer Behaviour – A South Asian Perspective, Cengage Learning, 2016.
4. Paul Peter et al., Consumer Behavior and Marketing Stratergy, Tata McGraw Hill, Indian Edition, 7th Edition 2005.