• To understand the concepts of consumer behaviour and its application in purchase decisions.
• To Analyse of the reasons and motives for consumer buying behaviour.
• To analyse the relationship between psychological social and cultural drivers behind consumer behaviour and marketing.
• To identify the dynamics of human behaviour and the basic factors that influence the consumers decision process.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION
Concepts – Significance – Dimensions of Consumer Behavior – Application of knowledge of Consumer Behaviour in marketing decisions.
UNIT II CONSUMER BEHAVIOR MODELS
Industrial and individual consumer behaviour models – Howard- Sheth, Engel – Kollat, Webstar and wind Consumer Behaviour Models – Implications of the models on marketing decisions.
UNIT III INTERNAL INFLUENCES
Psychological Influences on consumer behavior – motivation – perception – personality Learning and Attitude- Self Image and Life styles – Consumer expectation and satisfaction.
UNIT IV EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Socio-Cultural, Cross Culture – Family group – Reference group – Communication – Influences on Consumer behavior.
UNIT V PURCHASE DECISION PROCESS
High and low involvement – Pre-purchase and post-purchase behavior – Online purchase decision process – Diffusion of Innovation – Managing Dissonance – Emerging Issues.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
• identify the major individual, social and cultural factors that affect consumers’ decision making process;
• explain and analyze the major stages which consumers usually go through when making a consumption-related decision.
• understand the essence of how consumers make decisions and assess the relevant implications for marketing practitioners.