• To understand the basic Principles of branding.
• To understand the key issues in crafting and evaluating brand strategies.
• To improve the skills in delivering persuasive brand presentations.
• To evaluate brand extension and its contribution to parent brand.
• To develop an understanding of brand equity and a range of performance related outcomes.
UNIT I INTRODUCTION
Basics Understanding of Brands – Definitions – Branding Concepts – Functions of Brand – Significance of Brands – Different Types of Brands – Co branding – Store brands.
UNIT II BRAND STRATEGIES
Strategic Brand Management process – Building a strong brand – Brand positioning – Establishing Brand values – Brand vision – Brand Elements – Branding for Global Markets – Competing with foreign brands.
UNIT III BRAND COMMUNICATIONS
Brand image Building – Brand Loyalty programmes – Brand Promotion Methods – Role of Brand ambassadors, celebrities – On line Brand Promotions.
UNIT IV BRAND EXTENSION
Brand Adoption Practices – Different type of brand extension – Factors influencing Decision for extension – Re branding and re-launching.
UNIT V BRAND PERFORMANCE
Measuring Brand Performance – Brand Equity Management – Global Branding strategies – Brand Audit – Brand Equity Measurement – Brand Leverage -Role of Brand Managers– Branding challenges & opportunities.
TOTAL: 45 PERIODS
• Have a solid understanding of the key ‘branding’ concepts, methods and tools used by marketing practitioners.
• Be able to more confidently engage in and contribute to ‘brand building’ projects, developments, and discussions.